Thursday 27 May 2010

Distress!

HI all, i managed to squeeze a card in today. yipee!! I had been waiting for some orders to come through over the past week, as i am widening what i use(if that makes sense). I have wanted to try distress inks for a while now. I bought some a while ago but didnt really know how to use them. So as i have not been able to make a card since saturday but still had internet i thought i would sit down and go through some blogs and find the different ways they can be used. Well i found some posts useful but not exactly what i wanted so went to you tube(i should of just gone there first) i found exactly what i wanted to know almost straight away. Amazing, i now love you tube. I had a look through different challange blogs to see what their recipes were. I found a few i thought i would take part in.

Cute card thursday- No design papers
A spoon full of sugar- Celebrations!
The secret crafter -No patterned papers
Crafty creations- Favourite stamp
Stamp something- 2 of something
Creative inspirations- Distress

So here is my finished card that i have entered into these challenges. I know that some challenges i have entered this card into say no patterend or designer paper. Well this background i created my self so though it would count. I used white card stock and stamped my Stampin up- En francais in memento ink-cocoa. I then took my distress ink-worn lipstick and distressed the page, this is the first time i have used distress inks and am quite pleased with how it turned out. Its not perfect but its good enough for my first try. I tried to make it darker on the edges and lighter in the middle, which it is but i still need to practice more. Anyway that is enough of me waffling on.

Recipe;
Stamp- En francais(background) Magnolia, flying tilda. Sentiment- verve

 x Laura x

8 comments:

Leann said...

This is gorgeous Laura!
Hugs x

Deb said...

beautiful card, love that background, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful background you've created with distressing, and Tilda looks gorgeous! What a lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations!
Hugs,
April

craftyb said...

awww...so pretty...the fairy Tilda is adorable! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations! bx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous Card,Thanks for playing along with our Celebration challenge at ASFOS this week,Hugs Debbie x

Annie said...

such a pretty card with cute tilda! thanks for joining us at CCT.
hugs, annie x

a Seeker of the TRUTH said...

I love your card and your post. Well written, pleasant to read. I have added you to my follow list. Would love for you to look at my work and follow if you like it

Happy crafting

julie

paola said...

This is real cute, thanks for joining us at ASFOS
smiles
Paola