Sunday 3 October 2010

baby girl

well what awful weather we are having in the UK. I started this card on Friday but have been unable to post it due to going to Hampshire for the night at the last minute. I got back last night, so i finishes the card this morning. I love this card and im very proud of it. This is going to be one that i want to keep. I had no reason to make this type(baby) of card and i am addicted to making easel cards at the moment.
I think i will try and make a criss cross card next as i haven't made one for ages.


I love this sentiment and die cut set. It will be my go to set for a long time. You can find it Here.


The white ribbon is from my local hobby craft and all the flowers are from wild orchid crafts.
Large pastel pink flower is HERE.
Smaller 2 tone pink flower is HERE.
Small yellow roses HERE
I have used 3 different punches for the leaves and branches.
The branch is a Leone Em punch called Ash branch- 50mm.
Smallest leaves are from a mini punch birch leaf. What a bargin only £1.49. the leaf measures just 10mm from one end to the other.
The bigger leaf i got of ebay. It is just a bigger birch leaf measuring 16mm.
I dont know where i got the closed roses from but you can find an exact match HERE.


This selection of flowers is the same from above but has 1 extra addition.
Pointing upwards is a 2-tone mulberry paper gypsophila flower on a stem found HERE. I have used the yellow one out the bunch.


The bow was made with the amazing bow-easy. Pram charm can be found HERE.


Glitter around the edge is stickles cotton candy. The image is Magnolia cuddley horse. I have coloured this with distress inks. I had to re do this image about 3 times, my colouring was just not going to plan for some reason. The main colour is victorian velvet.


The papers are all by flair designs but unfortunately the website i bought these from looks like they are no longer stocking them. Which is a shame because i love these and wanted to get some more :-(
If anyone knows where i can get some more please let me know. x
*added later* I have found these papers HERE.


Nearly forgot i added a lace doily behind the small square to tie in with the sketch a followed. The doily was too large so i cut the corners off and stuck them behind the square section to fit. Lace doily can be found HERE.

 Challenges
Friday sketches-sketch
Just magnolia-anything goes
Creative card crew-bloomin marvelous
Secret crafter-easel cards
2 sisters-animal fun

Well i hope you all like my card as much as i do and hope you have a wonderful week.

x laura x

4 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful easel card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Curly said...

Hi Laura
Beautiful design and colours, this really is such sweet card, thanks for joining us at SC: 103 Easel card challenge, Good luck, Hugs Bridget ;) x. SCSC DT

Mary said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with 2 Sisters Challenges.

Helen said...

Beautiful card - such pretty colours!
Thanks for joining us at SCSC!
Helen x